Does Your Company Need To Use Q&A Videos?
Videos are a popular option for drawing in and engaging with more customers. They provide an effective means for increasing brand awareness, SEO rankings, website traffic, and sales. And there’s no one single type of video that accomplishes this.
Many formats and approaches can contribute to marketing and branding success, from commercial, informational, or even entertainment. One of the best types of videos to utilize for marketing and brand-building purposes is the Q&A or question and answer video.
This type of video boosts awareness of solutions provided by a company, builds trust with potential customers, and provides other advantages.
What Exactly Is A Q&A Video?
A Q&A video is simply a video of commonly asked questions and the answers to them. Customers will have questions about any product or service, and they’ll want to get the answers to their questions before they decide to purchase anything.
A Q&A video is a video version of the FAQs for a website, social platforms, directories, and more. These videos make a company’s website more dynamic and worthy of engagement.
They can help customers learn a lot more about the products or services and can be used as part of a larger marketing plan to boost traffic, build authority, and improve recognition in a certain marketplace. These videos are not commercials.
While they are beneficial for marketing and branding, they don’t focus on brand awareness or keywords. Instead, they aim to inform by answering questions that customers are likely to have if they’re considering a purchase.
Components Of A Good Q&A Video
It is crucial to understand what it takes to create a good Q&A video before starting to produce one. Understanding the basic components of the format can help achieve the greatest possible result so the video is as effective as possible.
Some of the main components include the following.
- Video Topic – The Q&A video should stick with one topic throughout. This can be as broad as any questions that are relevant to an overall marketplace or type of customer. It can also be narrower, like any questions relating to specific features or attributes of a product or service. The key is to focus on one main topic for the video.
- Video Runtime – The video should be between two to five minutes long. Many people don’t have time or interest to watch longer videos when they need answers or guidance. When they want their query answered promptly, they aren’t going to want to watch through 10 minutes or longer to wait for that information. There are some exceptions, including deep-dives on more complex subjects. Such videos can be a great authority building asset, but these are not ideal when the goal is to reach as many people as possible.
- Video Structure – The video should always be formatted with questions and then answers. Clearly state the question and, if desired, have it written on the screen. Then, answer the question clearly and concisely. Now is not the time to go into a detailed how-to discussion. It’s better to keep the answers short, but make sure the question is answered fully.
- The Script – It’s a good idea to create a script before filming the video rather than speaking off-the-cuff. Even if you’re an expert on a topic, this is not as easy as it seems. An established script will also make it possible to determine how long the video will be and that no points are ambiguous or under or over-stated to the detriment of the viewer. A single script can also be used for voiceover or an on-screen presenter based on the look and feel that best suits the goal.
- Graphics and Media – In the video, it’s a good idea to use graphics or related footage—sometimes called b-roll—to help show or explain the answers. If there’s a brief video, diagram, or a photo that can help clarify an answer, it should be included.
Why Do People Watch Q&A Videos?
Question and answer videos are being watched frequently by many different types of viewers and potential customers. Many people with questions about products or services will go online to seek answers.
If they can find a Q&A video that offers the answers they seek, they’ll watch, appreciate it, and feel some trust in the provider of that information. These videos package useful details in an easily digestible format that can be accessed and absorbed quickly.
Often, potential customers watching these videos are already thinking about purchasing a product or service. The video serves as extra confirmation or a strong push towards taking an action toward that purchase.
Where Q&A Videos Are Popular
Today, videos are found just about everywhere online. Question and answer videos can be placed on many different websites, not just the company website.
They’re very popular on video-sharing and social media platforms. Any opportunity to place a video on an appropriate platform opens up access to more potential customers in the places they are most likely to frequent online. Some of the websites to post the video on include the following:
- YouTube – YouTube is a video-sharing website that’s the perfect platform for Q&A videos. The YouTube link can be shared anywhere. Potential customers might find the video because it’s suggested to them in YouTube search results, as a recommended video, or in Google search results.
- Facebook – Facebook is a social media website that makes it easy for customers to share videos and other information they find interesting. Videos can be linked from YouTube or uploaded directly to Facebook, and then customers can share the video with anyone on their friend list. This can be a great way to get the word out about the video and to get more customers to see it.
- Instagram – Instagram is another social media website that allows the upload of videos. Many people today prefer Instagram for sharing photos and videos, so it can be a great way to get more exposure for the video.
How Q&A Videos Are Used In Google Search Results
One of the main reasons companies create videos is to help with marketing, authority building, and improved brand awareness. Question and answer videos aren’t really designed to be commercials for the company, but they can still be a part of any company’s marketing plan and can contribute to all the aforementioned goals.
When a Q&A video is uploaded online, it may soon appear in Google’s search results for that specific topic or question. It is important to use keywords in the video’s title and description to help it rank higher. Once it appears, it’ll be on a list of suggested videos for internet users to view if they’re looking for more information.
Appearing in the suggested videos section can help bring in more views for the video. When a customer is looking for something, they want to quickly find the answer.
If the Q&A video is suggested, they’ll likely click on it to get the information they seek. This offers the chance to inform the customer as well as encourage them to go ahead and engage with your website or company for more information.
While the videos might not be the best way to drive more sales, they do help, and they can be the difference between someone deciding to take longer to think about the product or service and purchasing it today.
Why Should You Have A Q&A Video?
The main goal of a Q&A video is to help customers. These videos should relate to the products, services, and capabilities of the company and provide answers to all of the questions they could potentially have.
These videos can also include questions that are expansive and related to broader issues and concerns affecting the markets. When the customer watches the video, they’re likely already considering a product or service from you but they have questions about it.
After watching the video, they may be more likely to make a purchase because they’ve received the help they need without having to spend a ton of time searching online or reading through a lengthy FAQ.
Options For Creating A Q&A Video
Companies that are interested in creating a Q&A video have a couple of different options for how to go about it. DIY apps and software are available to use, with many of them being free.
Companies can use this to save money while still creating a video that customers will find informative.
The downside to the DIY option, however, is that there is the possibility of making mistakes that could be harmful in the long run. Without experienced help, it’s possible to create a video that ends up being more of a commercial or that simply won’t hold the viewer’s interest.
Another option is to work with a professional to create the video. A professional is going to know how to avoid common mistakes and give the video the expert touch that helps it stand out.
Though hiring a professional does cost more than the DIY option, the money spent is well worth it when the end result is a highly successful marketing asset that will provide customers the information they’re looking for.
A Q&A video is a good idea for any company. Most companies, no matter the industry they’re in, will benefit from utilizing question and answer videos to reach more potential customers and build their reputability online.