Why Is A Q&A Video Such A Powerful Marketing Tool?
According to a recent report, over 95% of people have watched question and answer videos to learn more about the products and services they buy. These days, Q&A videos aren’t just something that most companies would like to offer; they’re a crucial component of an overall marketing strategy.
With a well-crafted video, you can deliver a lot of information in a short time—while making a favorable impression on potential customers. If you’re considering making a question-and-answer video for your brand, or if it’s time to rework existing content, you’re in the perfect place. Here, we’ll discuss some important facts about Q&A videos and show you how to use them to build brand awareness.
What Is A Q&A Video?
A question and answer video is a short (typically 30 seconds to three minutes) video that explains things in a fun, engaging, and unique way. From a marketer’s standpoint, these videos can be used to spread various messages. Q&As allow marketers to introduce concepts in a succinct, easy-to-understand way. Whether it’s a quick explanation of a service, a product, or a company, a video provides an access point for those who are new to the brand.
Why Is Video So Effective?
Though the video is quite compelling on its own, Q&A videos take things a step further. These videos are an effective customer engagement tool that benefits viewers and brands in several ways.
- They’re short and to-the-point: One of the best things about an explainer video is its conciseness. Because they’re usually less than three minutes long, customers won’t have a good excuse to make an early exit. Writing for such a format can be challenging, but the effort is worthwhile because it creates a message that’s short, yet impactful.
- Videos show problems and solutions: Videos are linear in nature, which means it’s easy to show how to get from a question to an answer. Showing customers how your services and products solve their problems will build brand recognition and increase conversion rates. Though it’s possible to get by with a written FAQ section, it won’t have the same results.
- It’s easy to get creative: The most effective Q&A videos are ones that deviate from the norm. By writing jokes into the script, experimenting with new animation features, and including interesting background music, you’ll give viewers a memorable experience.
- They can be used almost anywhere: Once you’ve made a question and answer video, it can be used in various contexts. Add it to the company’s YouTube channel, embed it into the homepage or landing page, or turn it into a slideshow presentation. They’re short enough to be nearly universal.
- Video is a very approachable medium: Q&As are a learnable, accessible medium for new and experienced marketers alike.
- They are useful to potential and existing customers: Although a question and answer video’s primary function is to reach new viewers, they’re also great for current clients. This is particularly true if your products and services come with a learning curve; a video can serve as a tutorial. Many people are visual learners and answering their questions in a video will hold their attention longer.
- They’re highly adaptable: Because explainer videos are short and simple to edit, it’s easy to customize them to your needs. For instance, if you’re adding a new product feature, simply promote it at the end of the video.
- A video can show the brand’s personality: It’s easy to infuse a question and answer video with the company’s personality; it can be included in the script, visual styles, and voiceover.
- You can show customers why they should buy the product: Thanks to the video’s visual nature, you can use walkthroughs and Q&A to showcase the benefits of a service or a product. With a great question and answer video, people will see what they’re getting before they buy.
Question and answer videos are becoming so popular that they’re now appearing on social media, on YouTube, and in Google search results. Put that popularity to work for your company and watch conversion rates increase!
What Does A Q&A Video Look Like?
Video execution is heavily dependent on a company’s budget, audience, and mission statement. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution, but most videos fall into one of the following categories.
- Live-action: A question and answer video featuring a product demonstration or an on-screen narrator may increase relatability, offer a sense of familiarity, and communicate a certain lifestyle.
- Animated: With motion graphics, nothing is impossible. Without set design costs, actors, film crews, and a tight schedule, it’s easier to control production.
- Screen capture: This type of video is especially useful when answering questions about a tech product.
With help from a production company that specializes in explainer videos, it’s easy to find the right type for your company and its marketing message.
Creating A Great Question And Answer Video
Not all Q&A videos are created equal. To create high-quality, compelling content, the elements of editing, music, design, and story are crucial. Here are a few things that may make the process go smoother.
- Determine if it’s necessary: Though these videos are powerful, they’re not always the right choice. Depending on who you’re trying to reach and what you’re explaining, there may be better options.
- Decide how the video will be produced: While it’s possible to make a video with some simple editing tools, its success will depend on the company’s resources and goals. For a brief Q&A, a simple video may suffice. Otherwise, it’s best to consider bringing in an agency with the resources and experience to bring your vision to life.
- Tell a great story: FAQ sections are usually concise, and your video should be, too. However, it’s important to strike a balance between storytelling and brevity.
- Choose a good design: An explainer video can be a real work of art, and that’s why it’s such a good idea to bring in an expert for tips and advice.
One of the most important steps in creating a question and answer video is to put the audience first. Answer their questions in a memorable and engaging way, and you’ll make a great impression each time.
Educate And Inform Your Customers
Though up to 85% of businesses use video marketing strategies, many marketers are moving away from the old-fashioned sales pitch. Consumers have hundreds—or even thousands—of choices, and for the most part, conventional sales tactics don’t work anymore.
To that end, marketers in most fields are approaching audiences with value-added offers instead of sales. An explainer video doesn’t just answer customers’ questions; it also gives them an up-close look at your products and services.
Use Q&A Videos To Boost Search Engine Rankings
As we touched on earlier, question and answer videos are finding their way into search engine results. It’s been estimated that videos will make up more than 80% of all online traffic by 2021, and Google considers videos high-quality content. Therefore, adding an optimized question and answer video to your site will do wonders for your search engine optimization efforts.
Helping Companies Spread The Word
We already know that videos are an excellent way to spread a message. A unique, concise explainer video makes a significant difference when it comes to answering customers’ questions. By using different media and storytelling techniques, you can inform visitors while entertaining them.
Use Q&A To Increase Conversion Rates
Up to 90% of buyers say that they’ve used videos to make purchasing decisions. If a person gets to see your products in action via a question and answer video, they’re more likely to buy it. A landing place is a great place to put a video if you want to increase conversion rates.
Videos also increase conversions because they keep people’s attention long enough to get them to view the rest of the site. This is particularly true for those who would rather watch than read content.
Now that you’ve learned why question and answer videos are so important, it’s time to find out how to optimize them. Start by figuring out the right video length for the platform.
- YouTube: 2 minutes
- Twitter: 45 seconds
- Facebook: 1 minute
- Instagram: 30 seconds
If you’re putting a video on a landing page, be sure to keep it on silent so viewers aren’t startled. Mobile-friendliness is crucial, and videos should be responsive across a range of devices. Don’t forget the call to action at the end!
Video is one of the world’s most popular content forms, and it’s going to be that way for the foreseeable future. The digital world is an impersonal one, and Q&A videos create feelings of personality and connectedness. Buyers prefer to hear and see people in real-world situations because they’re more meaningful.
Videos aren’t just fun; they’re also one of the best ways to give an audience a closer look at what the company is doing. When creating a question and answer video, the key is to think beyond products and profits. Solve their problems, answer their questions, and show them how the company works. The more customers know about you and the company, the longer they’ll stick around.